Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This is why we procrastinate...

... with certain projects around the house. We all have one. That project that we have been avoiding for a long time because we know that when we get started on it, for every once step forward, there will be at least two steps backward. This is my project.

We have lived in the house for over 5 years now and this has been on the list for almost that long. I finally bit the bullet and this is what I got. True, if I had stared it 4 years ago it probably wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Now I get to build a temporary wall in the garage to hold up the kitchen while I rip out the whole exterior wall and rebuild it. This is below the deck at the back of the house. Who ever built the deck messed up the flashing behind the ledger and caused water to run between the siding and the sheathing and caused a whole lot of rot. If you want to see more photos you can go here! Oh yes, I also have to deal with these guys!

Check back on my progress if you want feel like it. I imagine this will not be a quick one.

No comments:

Post a Comment